Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are an important part of your home’s safety. Fires happen, and a smoke detector can save your life. It is important that you maintain your smoke detectors, and be sure to test them monthly. All homes now also require a carbon monoxide detector on each floor to detect against the deadly gas. Carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless making it nearly impossible to detect without the help of a carbon monoxide detectors detector. Taking the extra minute or so to test your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors detectors can help you significantly during an emergency. Are your smoke detectors older than 7 years, do you have a carbon monoxide detector on each floor, are your batteries still working in the hallway smoke detector? Loughlin Electric is here to help with all these questions, give us a call today and make sure your home is safe!
Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Tips and Tricks
- If your smoke detectors are 7-10 years old, it is time to replace them.
- There are two different types of power to a smoke detector; either batteries or it is hardwired into the homes electrical panel.
- Batteries should be replaced once a year (with the exception of lithium batteries).
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors should be tested monthly to ensure they are working properly.
- A “chirping” smoke alarm usually means the batteries needs to be replaced.
- Install smoke alarms in key areas (basement, attic, bedrooms, kitchen).
- Ensure that hard-wired smoke and carbon monoxide detectors have a battery backup in case of a power outage.
Call Loughlin Electric, Inc., For Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors Installation
If you looking for smoke and carbon monoxide detectors installation, call Loughlin Electric Inc. at (508) 384-5900.